Monday, July 4, 2011

Going Home... And more

Last weekend we had the opportunity to go and visit our families because Jen Got Married!!! It was such a beautiful wedding and I havent seen Jen so excited and happy since I have met her.

This sad pic is from my phone, but luckily I just got an email of the amazing pictures that the photographer took. She did such an amazing job... as always, and I cant wait to see more of what she has. The photographer is my cousin, Autumn Bennett... look her up!









Jen was the most beautiful bride I have ever seen... She is like model beautiful. Janiel, Gavin's other sister, was wonder woman during the wedding. She made the most amazing cake for Jen, did Jen's hair and the flower girls hair, got her family ready and herself. I dont know how she did it, but she was amazing. Gavin and I also got to meet our new nephew Owen.
He is the cutest little guy. He loved Gavin holding him and was always so good and smiled the whole time, I was so jealous. I would want to hold him, and then he would cry. Maybe I need more motherly practice. Gina is such a great mother, she is so happy holding baby Owen and is so patient with him. Gaynard and Jill are always fun to see, and they missed diesel so much!
Saturday we got to spend the whole day with my family... which I loved. I have missed them so much!! After helping shontel move the piano to her house, which is so unfair.. even though I havent played for years.. we planned on going boating! We got all ready, pulled the boat to the lake with snacks and drinks, backed it in and... battery dead! Ugh at first it was so frustrating for Gavin and I, then we got the offer to go swim at the neighbors house and decided to do that. It was so fun to play with my siblings. Shontel and Kamron havent been up to too much. Shontel got a job teaching in draper and Kamron got a new job as well. Parker is busy dating, with school, and just got a job as a cna. Shyanne is living the life as always, and Jacob is playing waterpolo like crazy and is super tan. My mom didnt get to come and play with us because she is house sitting for family in San Fran, which I am so jealous about. It was nice spending some good time with my dad though. We have such a special friendship that I love and miss all the time.
While we were swimming, we were beating up on eachother, of course. Shontel had one last jump off of the diving board before they had to leave. We all had our swim toys ready, and when she jumped we all threw them at her as hard as we could... well at least I did :) She came up crying and we all laughed at her like.. ya right you are fine. Kam went over to see what was wrong and her ear was bleeding like crazy! We were all trying to figure out who did and it was... Gavin, of course. He through a rock hard torpedo, well, he said he lobbed it.


It did some good damage. After debating whether to go get stitches or not, my dad just super glued it. He is basically superman. Today it is completely healed and just like new. It was a long, sad ride home, but we will be back soon.
The night before we went to Utah, we took the youth to a Missoula Osprey baseball game.


It was awesome because at the back of the field was this big tall pole with a nest at the top. A family of Osprey's lived at the top and flew around, in and out of the nest during the whole game!



The other day we went to McDonalds for lunch. I love the commercial with all the new sauces for the chicken nuggets, and I had been dying to try them. While we were ordering the question came... what sauce would you like with that? I answered all of them. Gavin looked at me like, you dont need all. But I did! I needed to find my favorite so I new what to order from now on. The lady was like.. All? Yup! so .30 later this was where I was at.

Then I look up to see Gavin doing this...


What a dork. Trying to slam dunk his chick nug! This is a pic of our new car..

He is just a little guy, but is pretty much amazing. 40mpg, can't beat that!
Thursday was our anniversary. I can't believe it has been 2 years, and 3 since we met. I got a surprise at my work of a vase of roses and a bowl full of chocolates, which all the girls loved. We had lunch at a delicious place called Jakers and a fun bbq up in the mountains for dinner.





It has been so nice here the past couple of days, I have loved it. We cuddled up to a movie after and watched named "Unknown". It was a pretty good movie, but not one I would buy.



I wish I could have a wedding every year! It was so much fun being a bride and I wouldnt change anything!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could have seen you while you were in town but it looked like you were crazy busy so that's understandable. :) That's sad about Shontel but thank goodness for your Dad!

Kristin said...

I love love love when you blog! I feel like I never see you, oh yeah because I don't! I miss your face especially because it is so beautiful! You two make the cutest little couple! I am so happy for your sis-in-law. Gives hope into the world;)