Tuesday, May 18, 2010

a Painful Gift

As you all know my birthday is coming up! My father in law got my gift a little early and couldnt wait any long to give it to me. It was a new set of pedals and clips for my sister in laws old road bike i have been riding. I was really excited but a little apprehensive about using them. But after all it was a gift so we went outside and put them on. I used them on my first ride last week. Gavin and i went on a ride and we were going up a big hill. Gavin has a hard time waiting for me sometimes so i arrived at the top of the hill alone. as my bike was coming to a slow stop i tried clicking out one side... couldnt get it... tried the other side.. not coming out!! by that time my bike came to a hault and over i went, right into a pile of glass. Gavin rushed to my side and luckily i only got scraped a little bit. but i wasnt about to give up.


So last night Gavin and I went on a ride with his parents and their friends. We all rode down to this round about, and at that point the boys would keep going and the girls would turn around. we got the seperating point, i gracefully clicked out with my righ foot to lean against the curb... and crashed over my left side. I was so frustrated! i could feel the tears coming when gavin was helping me up but i held them in since there were 20 cars and 10 people watching me eat gravel! and that my friends is how i got that beautiful mark on my elbow, you should see my stomach and my knee. anyway, after i was up and going we went our seperate ways. the whole way home was uphill and i was pushing hard, not cause i am a good rider, but because i wanted to get home!i didnt realize how far ahead i was from my mother in law Jill, so at the top of the hill i was going to wait for them to catch up. so i tried clicking out of my right, got it out, went to pedal one more time, clicked back in... tried clicking out again and noticed i was headed for the curb! I looked up, and hit my face on a huge branch! i just knew i shouldnt have gone on this ride. anyway we went 10 miles mostly uphill and i did it!! thats all that matters, and i made gavin proud.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee Tawnya, I am beginning to think that bike has it in for you.

Clint and Sheri said...

Oh Tawnya you poor thing! A painful gift indeed! Good for you to keep going! I LOVE your new blog look! That pic of you and Gav is the cutest pic I've ever seen!