Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Two Boys

My two boys are growing up so fast. I can't believe a year has already gone by since Gavin's last birthday! On his birthday day we went to dinner with Gaynard and Jill. I know I say this all the time but they are so great to us, I will always feel in debt to them. Gavin chose to go to Tepanyaki, it was a good choice since I hadn't been there since high school. We had a lot of fun.


I love Tepanyaki mostly because your food is so warm and delicious, made freshly in front of you. Mmm..



Gaynard had been in Hawaii for 3 weeks Stuccoing the Hawaiian LDS temple in Oahu. We love having him back home with us safe and sound.

My newest little boy on the other hand is growing so big and too fast! He is now 17 lbs. and I can barely hold him. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs. I have always loved dogs and have begged for one ever since Gav and I got married, but I am now starting to second guess our decision. He is so cute sometimes, like today he was playing with me while I was watering the garden and we had a blast!





He is starting to run a lot, the only problem is his legs arent strong enough to hold up his huge body.
So there are those times when I look at him and my heart melts and I love him. However, there are times when inside all I can think about is how I miss the days when it was just Gavin and I and we didnt have anything else to worry about. Like for example today, when I was trying to get my A.D.D. dog to stop eating bark and dirt and flowers and he swung his head over and CHOMPED on my arm.


Not just my arm, but the sensitive spot where all my veins are. UGH.. I started bawling, I didnt know if I was hurt, mad, scared or if my feelings were just hurt that he would bite me. Anyway, I sat and cried while he was in his kennel and he just looked at me. I dont know if he has any real feelings yet, but I hope he felt bad. Speaking of kennel, the dog has taken over our room...



Can you believe that one day he will fill this thing? Hopefully by then he will be able to show a little self control and not want to bit everything that has flesh. So I guess we will see how my feelings change about him as he gets older... if they ever do, the butt head.

2 comments:

Cowley Family said...

Tawnya, this post makes me so sad. I totally remember being in your spot, and things got better, then worse. I hope things work out for you guys and this little guy. He's so cute! Sometimes it's a love/hate relationship.

Clint and Sheri said...

Arise was really so awesome! Your little dog is so dang cute. He is adorable. I love his bow! ha ha you are so funny. I'm sorry he bit you, I would have cried too!