Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Our Trip to Missoula

Let me just begin by saying, I was pretty confident that we were going to find a place to live heading up to Missoula. We had a fun drive. It wasnt too bad, its mostly a straight shot from here to missoula. Gavin is such a great husband and drove almost the whole time!


On our way there we stopped for some dinner in a small town called Dylan. We were the only ones in the McDonald's so I decided to text my fam and said, "We are at McDonald's and the only ones here... Never happens." So remembering that I gave my little brother and sister the Toby Keith tickets I won, my little brother wrote back saying, "We are at a concert and the only sober ones... always happens" haha he makes me laugh, so here is a pic of them enjoying my winnings.


We got to Montana pretty late saturday night, which only gave us Sunday, Monday and half of Tuesday to find somewhere to live. We had only a few requirements of what we wanted in a place. We wanted to rent a house, two or three bedroom, newer, nice area, allowed 200 lbs. dogs, with a garage and under $1000.00 per month. Too much to ask? Yes, we learned that very quickly. Sunday we drove around looking at houses from 9:00 am to 9:30 pm with no luck. At first we tried just driving from neighborhood to neighborhood looking for the "for rent" signs. LUCKILY Gavin has the smartest wife ever! We stopped and bought a newspaper, got the classifieds, and a map, and made our search a little more efficient. I learned a lot about maps, but not everything. I got us very lost a few times so Gavin did the driving and the mapping, I just gave my opinion here and there... it was safer that way. But by the end of the day my hopes were almost lost. Before bed we said our prayers, pleading to help us find a house so we didnt have to make another trip this month. After laying in bed for about 5 min. I couldnt hold it in anymore. I just started bawling! It is so important to me for us to find somewhere safe where we had good neighbors and could be in a great ward, and I was so discouraged. I dont want to live somewhere that I dont feel comfortable raising my family and I guess crying was the only way to let it out. Luckily, Gavin was there to help me understand that everything was going to be okay. The next morning we woke up bright and early to take advantage of the day. After looking at over 50 houses, apartments and duplexs, we ended up signing a lease for a 1 bedroom apartment that is only about 900 square feet. Pretty small and not exaclty what we had in mind. But we were humbled and realized that with living there all of our needs will be met. Plus the complex didnt have a weight limit on dogs... good news for Diesel! That night we celebrated by having a mexican fiesta meal at a cute little local restraunt.


Gavin was so happy to be done looking for houses and was so excited for dinner. I ordered this fatty burrito and Gavin said if I ate the whole thing then I could get a new church outfit.



I didnt finish :(... oh well. Our new home is so beautiful. Missoula is a valley surrounded by mountains packed with pine trees. There is a way sweet river running through town that just brings the city to life. One part of Missoula is old fashioned yet classy, and the other part is new and starting to become developed. We are excited to move. We dont know how long we will be gone, but we are going to love it.










Our car was completely covered in bugs!

No comments: