Sunday, May 22, 2011

Safe and Thankful

Friday wasn't my average ordinary friday. Jen and Casey had just gotten in town so I was so excited and anxious to get to work so they day could go by fast. I woke up early and had a happy quiet morning while getting ready. I said goodbye to my two boys who were cuddled up on the bed and walked out to a beautiful warm spring morning. I jumped in my car and headed to work! The roads werent very busy and I was enjoying my morning thinking about all the fun things the weekend held. When all of a sudden I saw a truck coming right at me. I slammed on my breaks, honked and tried to swerve and miss him, but it was too late. For a second I could breathe, but when I could, all I could do is scream and cry. I didnt know if I was okay or not at first, I couldnt tell if I was hurt. All I knew was I could tell my car was smashed. I called Gavin right away and all I could get out was I got in a wreck on south and you need to come. A lady came and opened my door. She sat with me for a minute, calmed me down and made sure I was okay. I cant remember what her name was, but I am so happy she was there. I was so nice to have a hand to hold until Gavin got there. You are probably dying to see a pic...


Gavin finally arrived and the police. We ended up getting things figured out okay but I am still so sad at what happened. I am so happy that Jen and Casey were here to help us through everything with our insurance and to comfort us. And I am so thankful that I was able to stay safe through it all. I realized yesterday that I didnt give Gavin a kiss before I left for work. I always kiss him goodbye! I learned my lesson, thats for sure. We are frustrated with this happening in such a inconvinient financial time for us, but we are so thankful to heavenly father for keeping me safe. All the damage that was done is a bruise on my hip from my seatbelt and some hardcore whiplash.

1 comment:

Jennee said...

i am glad you are ok.