Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy New Year!

I am so excited to start a new year, it's almost refreshing to me. Here are some of our resolutions:
1. I want to lose 15lbs., I have already lost 6!
2. Gav wants to gain 30 lbs., and I can't wait!
3. Read the book of mormon, maybe twice
4. Gav wants to have at least 4 busy doctors
5. eliminate a good chunk of debt
6. go on an amazing vacation
7. visit my 2nd home in Ventura
8. train diesel to be good... and not when he is just sleeping
9. learn how to sew my own clothes... maybe before that, get a sewing machiene
10. Kids??????... maybe :) haha jk jk
It's amazing how fast a year can go by, so hopefully we can fit in everything. Things here have been going great. The high lately has been only 9 degrees and it's making us crazy. Luckily it has been snowing all day today so at least it is pretty outside. We got a new bishop in church and I got a new primary class. They are all so cute and I can't wait to get to know them. Gavin usually only has 3 kids in his sunday school class and looked at the new roles and noticed he is supposed to have 30! Hopefully we can reach out to some of them and bring them back.
I have been thinking lately of how lucky I was to be raised in Utah. It was so nice to be surrounded by members and people that have the same standards as you. I guess my couple years back from Ventura, I forgot how challanging it can be to keep the spirit with you all week. It was also nice to be surrounded by temples. Our assigned temple here is in Spokane, Washington! It's the closest one and it's about 3 hours away. We havent made it there yet, but I am sure as soon as the weather lightens up we will. All the thinking I have been doing makes me hope that I am setting a good example for the people around me and making sure that I am taking advantage of missionary moments.
We are so excited to have a trip to Utah this weekend, weather permitting. Gavin was asked to be in his good friend Mike's wedding in the Salt Lake Temple, which I cannot wait for. And after we are going to Tucano's for his luncheon, our FAVORITE place! It is going to be so nice to spend time with our family, we miss them so much. Well there is way to much typing so here are some recent pics.


For New Years we went to dinner



Hung out...


And cuddled... we attempted a movie but of course I fell asleep

This is tito... yes he is real. We get to watch him all week yay!


Poor Gavin, it is miserable to take Diesel potty


I have to bundle up like crazy just to drive to work. I got the hat and gloves for Christmas and I love them both so much. Plus the hat is REAL rabbit, it's amazing.


Haha poor diesel... a dogs life can be sooooooooo boring sometimes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tawnya..this made me cry. i miss you. love you..and i'm sorry.