Monday, February 28, 2011

IsLaNd PaRk

This past weekend the Linsley's made their yearly trip to their cabin in Island Park. We didn't know if we would be able to make it or not. We went back and forth about it for a couple weeks and decided we should go. Gaynard (Gavin's dad) has been in Guatemala for the past month plastering the new temple they are building there. And he has to go back so we wont get to see him in March when we go down. Well we decided to surprise them and just show up! They were so surprised!! We got the surprise on video, but for some reason my phone wont send it! I will try to figure it out, but Jill scrame bloody murder haha we laugh everytime we watch it. AND, I just realized, I only got one picture of Gaynard and none of Jill! I am so sorry guys and I am so disappointed. Next time we see you, we will do a full photo shoot.

It was so fun surprising them, I had butterflies in my stomach almost the whole time!

The first thing we noticed when we arrived was how much snow is actually up there this year! It was amazing, just about 8 feet of snow!

We loved having a chance to get to know Casey a little bit more. He is such an awesome guy and we are so happy to have him in our family! Jen's engagement ring is so beautiful I love it. It was so fun to sit and talk wedding with her.

We woke up bright and early Sunday morning to make sure we made it to church. It was so comforting to be surrounded by family, we miss them so much already.


Right when we got home, Gav and I changed our clothes and jumped on the snowmobiles. After a couple years I am finally getting the hang of driving them and I actually went over 10 mph! haha

Isnt this picture amazing! Seriously it was a winter wonderland


Can you see the moose? Look really close middle of the picture. It was closer in real life, but this pic is lame.

We are so happy we got to see Gaynard before he left again. You cant help but laugh and smile when you are around him!

Preston and Quinn were the lucky grandkids that got to come up. They were so much fun to have around... most of the time :) They had a blast playing outside just about the whole time.


They were obsessed with finding the biggest iccicles that were hanging off all the cabins.

Gavin and I decided to go out and build a snow cave. Dont let this picture fool you, I did most of the work!


Eskimo kiss in the cave!

It was the perfect size for me, Gav was just a little to big.

It was Casey's birthday the other day and he turned 34 I think? anyway, it was a lot of candles to light! We did a doughnut tower, beautiful isnt it?

The candles melted like crazy by the time we were done

What a cut little family. One person is missing, Hayley, Casey's little girl. We cant wait for the wedding!! We had such a fun trip and cant wait to see my family when we go down in a couple of weeks. We miss our family so much and had a teary night the other night. Love you all.

No comments: