Friday, March 4, 2011

Finding Joy In The Journey

"Brothers and sisters, my sincere prayer is that we may adapt to the changes in our lives, that we may realize what is most important, that we may express our gratitude always and thus find joy in the journey."
I have always loved general conference and have always had a testimony of the truthfulness and inspiration of the words that are spoken there. However, I havent really taken advantage of the opportunity to go back and listen or read the talks on lds.org. Today I was a debbie downer. Not all day, just the last half of the day when things got hectic and werent going as I had wanted them too. I was in need of a reminder of finding joy in life and lets just say a big wake up call. After typing in the key word... being grateful... into the search bar on lds.org, I picked this talk http://lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/finding-joy-in-the-journey?lang=eng by our amazing Prophet. He is such an amazing man, and he is always so wise in the things he says. Take a sec to listen to the talk, it is amazing. And you will have no choice but to turn off your computer with a little more happiness and gratefulness of the things your life is filled with.

President Thomas S. Monson, 16th prophet and president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Photo by Brian Tibbets. (Click for larger view)

"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows."

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Sounds like exactly what I need right now. THanks for the link. I think I will watch it today!