Sunday, March 13, 2011

By The Way...

Here are a few things that we have been up to...



This is Maddie! It was her Birthday the other day... and we were INVITED! It was so fun, as always, to hang out with the Heintz family, they are so awesome. Cortney is actually from Utah, which is sweet. She reminds me so much of my dad's family, which is comforting to be around.


Maddie turned three and we gave her the cutest tutu ever and a little poodle that she can carry in a purse! Gavin picked it out actually, he is going to be such a fun dad.

This is Matt and Mariah. We have been spending a lot of time with them lately and its been so fun to get to know them. Those are their dogs, Keenigh and Koda. They found them I think about a year ago on the side of the highway driving through Idaho. They are awesome dogs!

The other night we had some bomb.com carne asada burritos at their house. Nothing is better than some good food and great company. I hadn't had tri tip since california, and it definately took me back to some great times eating at friends houses.


It's just about strawberry season and I dont know if you have looked in your local produce section, but they are ripe and ready! I love strawberries, and the best shortcake recipe ever is on the back of the bisquick box. Trust me!

For those who are looking for a healthy snack this is a great one. Strawberries with Greek Yogurt. Greek Yogurt is a protein powerhouse. The plain kind has 23g of protein per serving and only 9g of carbs! It's great with fruit, mixed with chopped cilantro on chicken and used as a sour cream substitute.

Did you know the sun is a real thing? I was beginning to think it was just a myth! This weekend was honestly the first weekend since probably October that we have seen the sun. It got up to about 60 degrees today and we couldnt help but be outside. We dug out my mitts and headed for the park. We played catch for a good hour, and only went inside because Diesel wouldnt stop chasing the ball and was dying for water. I forgot how good if feels to through, and I have the best husband who is such a good sport to play with me. What a cutie. I guess that means I have some more road biking to do this year.

One last note from Diesel. I dont know why, but this is his favorite thing to do now. Ridiculous, I know. He just sits his bum on the couch and stares at the floor with his ears hanging over his eyes, what a dork!

No comments: