Tuesday, September 28, 2010

If you don't succeed...

So a long time ago I had store credit at the wood connection and purchased this frame with a stand that says "Return with Honor". I have always liked the many meaning behind this saying, but with Gavin it means a lot more. Jill and Gaynard have this group of friends that they have known since they were kids called the "party group". One of the kids passed away years ago and ever since then this has become the party groups saying. Anyway I put off doing the craft forever because I was too lazy. Since I am not employed yet I though what the heck, why not just do it. So I went and bought the paint and the crackle texture to do it just how I would like it... and it sucked. It was seriously was a failure, the crackle didn't show through the paint, the red was too bright and I hated it. I was annoyed, took the frame outside and sanded it down to start over. This time I loaded on the crackle and decided to use a mustard yellow, more suttle right? Nope. The crackle worked better this time, it just doesnt seem right to me still. Here you go you can see for yourself.



I guess it doesnt look that bad, our living room is just filled with black and brown we need to start being open to different colors. Anyway if you want it I will sell it to you. So out of this I learned, If you don't succeed try try again, and then after that get over it.

3 comments:

Shontel & Kamron said...

Shut up DO NOT SELL THAT! it is darling! so so cute.

Karla Bennett said...

It is cute. I am always critical of my own stuff. So don't be like me and be happy with it.

Unknown said...

I agree! Don't sell it! Its SO CUTE!