Friday, June 4, 2010

May and June Update

Gavin and I have been on vacation... well a vacation down the street. We have been house sitting and dog sitting for the cutest family ever. So while they are in Hawaii, we get our own big house. The dogs name is Brandi and she is obsessed with Gavin. She follows him everywhere he goes! She is kind of a bigger dog and shed everywhere. Gavin and I were going down to salt lake for sunday dinner and didnt want to leave her home alone. So we jumped in the three seater truck and headed out. She played so hard with the other dogs she fell asleep on Gav's lap on the way home.


The house is beautiful! It's basically up hidden in the mountain so we are surrounded by forest.



May is my birthday month so the day before we had my birthday dinner with the Linsley's. I requested chinese food, and Jill went all out.. of course. She always makes everything so amazing.



It was so much fun to spend time with the family together. I got so many cute gifts I loved all of them... except for maybe one. When Gav gave me his gift to open, he was so giddy and laughing it made me not want to open it. When I did i was SO embarrassed!!! Since I turned 21, he got me this huge can of beer. GROSS! My face went way red and all I could do was laugh. He is such a bum. He also got me this way sweet couch slip cover for our hand-me-down couch that we love. It used to be chocolate cordoroy, now its tan suede, its like a whole new couch! Then he took me shopping all day long, which is a WAY good present from him because he has a hard time shopping with me.
The next day on my birthday I woke up at 4:00 a.m. and then every 20 min after that and was so sick. I knew it couldn't have been food poisoning from Jill's amazing meal. Ends up I have the 24 hr. flu and just had to wait it out. I had to miss work and layed in bed all day... DARN! What is worse.. laying in bed on your b-day or going to work? I still cant decide. Anyway, on Gavin's lunch break he brought me these way cute flowers!
When I got to work the next day... my office got me these cute flowers and the most random card ever.
This is my favorite part of this whole post. My lucky cousins adpoted the cutest baby EVER last week!! She is half black half white and I want to keep her. We went to their house last night and I held her for hours, plus fed, changed and put her pajamas on her. I am so excited to be a mom one day... until then, I have baby Jada.

2 comments:

Marci said...

I can't believe you were sick on your birthday! That stinks!! Happy Birthday (late)!

Shontel & Kamron said...

Jealous. I can't wait to go snuggle the baby. soo cute