Monday, June 14, 2010

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Have you ever met those people in life that seem to be naturally born winners? They are the kind of people that everything they touch just seems to turn to gold for them? Well... Im like the Polar opposite! I never win anything! Not only do I never win, but anything I want in life it seems like I have to work extra hard for. But after this weekend I feel like my luck has changed. Saturday morning bright and early Gavin and I headed down to Salt Lake for my family reunion. We are just talking as always like best friends do, listening to our good 'ol country and wishing we were in bed. All of a sudden on the radio I hear the dialing they put on when you should call in to win. So.... I called. Gavin asked "What are you calling to win" I had no idea, I just wanted to try winning. The first try calling... busy... the second try... it was ringing! My stomach was churning and I got all nervous, I had to be caller 13. The guy answered and I was so caught off gaurd. He told me that I had won and I was like, What did I win?? I was so embarrassed!! So Gavin and I won tickets to see Lee Brice down in Salt Lake at the Westerner, a Country bar. (Good thing I am 21 now huh?). So we go about our day, chillin with the fam, and on our way home, I hear the dialing again... so I call in. I WON AGAIN!!! It was so weird to hear my voice on the radio, Gavin and I could NOT stop laughing. He makes fun of me when he tells people about it, he says, "You know when people are embarrassed and they do things they usually wouldnt do that are way weird? Well when Tawnya won the tickets again she turned to me with a thumbs up and mouthed "I WON"" Haha I couldnt help myself. Anyway I won 4 tickets for us to take some friends to see Lee Brice at the Westerner. Sweet! But my luck wasnt over. I also found out in the process of being a winner that both times qualified me in a drawing to win a fly away to see him in South Carolina. All I had to do was listen Monday morning at 8:20. Did I think I would win? Maybe. I didnt want to jinx myself so I tried just forgetting about it. Well this morning I made sure I got to work extra late so I could be in my car at 8:20. When the time came I turned my radio up REALLY loud so I made sure I could hear... and they announced "Tawna Linsey you are the winner call us back" all I could think was DANG!! They didnt call me, but then I was like wait a sec... I think they meant Tawnya Linsley! So I called in as fast as my little fingers would go and.... I WON!! I won a fly away to see Lee Brice in concert on the beach in South Carolina. I feel so good inside. I have never known this feeling, and it was nice for all those naturally born winnners out there to share it with me finally. And that is the big story for the weekend. Oh ya and Gavin was lucky this weekend as well. At our family reunion, he was playing horse shoes with all the guys and.. He Got a Ringer!
Isnt he amazing? So all-in-all we had a fun, winning weekend. Hopefully I will be able to keep some luck around for when we go to Vegas!

4 comments:

Marci said...

Oh my gosh Tawnya! That is so amazing. Now go buy a lottery ticket while you are in North Carolina! Way to go!!!

{M}PG said...

Good job Tawnya! That is hilarious! Your luck has totally turned around. I would go to Vegas very soon if I was you :) Have a GREAT time in South Carolina That will be so much fun!!

Cowley Family said...

Man, you guys are on a streak! New job, contests, ringers. Did you get a new rabbit's foot? Congratulations!

Ry and Kris Jones said...

Good Grief girl! Mind sending some of that fairy dust my way? :) Congrats! And when you're in SC, you'll be close to us...kind of. That's so great that you get to go on a trip!!